Kinds of concerns utilized during interview for gathering information. Component 1
The toolbox of a interviewer that is professional high in tricks. One of these could be the utilization of the appropriate question in a time that is proper. Consequently, there are numerous forms of concerns with regards to the needs associated with interviewer. His art is based on selecting the question that is right making the individual talk and tell their secrets. When this happens, the reader will appreciate such an interview and not stop reading it at the center. With respect to the function they perform when you look at the meeting, questions are divided into:
- Topic concerns,
- management concerns,
- behavioral concerns.
Function of topic kinds of questions
The purpose of the topic concerns is to have information. Topic questions are actual, assessing, introspective, projective and hypothetical.
- Real questions are questions regarding real events, for instance: ” What did you discuss throughout your meeting that is last with president?”
- Assessing questions are questions about the attitude of this interlocutor to some body or something like that, for instance: ” What do you consider about individuals who can perhaps not make a living?”
- Introspection concerns are questions regarding the emotions of this interlocutor, for example: ” just What did you feel when he picked within the gun and began pointing at you?”
- Projective questions are questions regarding the essay writer behavior that is possible of interlocutor in imaginary situations, for instance: ” What can you do in case the youngster had been taken hostage?”
- Hypothetical questions are questions regarding possible occasions additionally the conditions because of their development, as an example: „When will Russia have the ability to manage to have an expert military?”
Reason for management forms of concerns
Management questions serve to handle the discussion and are also divided in to opening, transitional, filtering, approving and cognitive.
The journalist usually starts an interview with the opening question. Questions of the type comprise of two parts. The part that is first a statement where the journalist names this issue regarding the interview. The 2nd part is a closed question (needing a „yes” or „no” answer). The mixture of „affirmation plus a open concern” is risky, since an available concern can provoke a long speech regarding the interlocutor, which is undesirable at the beginning of the interview.
Transitional concerns contain an element of the interlocutor’s statement and a new question. They produce the impression of continuity of conversation, as an example: „You said that in your time that is spare you to push. And how would you feel concerning the hobby that is new of elite – skiing? „
Filtering questions have a fragment regarding the answer and a request for clarification. They help to clarify what happens to be said, and to maintain the thread of conversation if the interlocutor deviates from the subject.
The approving real question is an exclamation therefore the demand to share with further. As an example, the interlocutor states which he won a million dollars within the lottery. Replica associated with journalist: „Million dollars! And just how did you spend it? „
The question that is cognitive to grasp and measure the just-heard response, for instance: „Do not you will find this statement exaggerated?”